Marilyn Hawes from Enough Abuse was our guest speaker at both sites educating students about staying safe online.
Marilyn, a former teacher, spoke about online safety and child sexual exploitation, as well as a realistic insight into the dangers of social media.
The session included information on topics such as:
- · Who is at risk when online?
- · What is the impact and harm of cyber bullying?
- · How do I know who is contacting me?
- · What can happen to my photos?
- · How do I avoid hate crime and trolls?
- · Are my social media and privacy settings secure?
- · How do I stay safe online?
Students heard accounts of other young people who had put themselves at risk and explored the consequences of those risks. They also took part in lively discussions about their own experiences. Students identified ways that they may have put themselves at risk and how they could make changes to remove themselves from danger.